Tieton Capital Management is a boutique investment management firm headquartered in Yakima, Washington that has an unwavering commitment to its mission to increase its clients’ wealth. The Investment Team consistently visits with companies owned in client portfolios and those that are being considered for purchase. We diligently work to understand the issues the companies are addressing, the industry dynamics, how the strategic plans are being executed, and progress made relative to Tieton’s identified catalysts. Tieton avoids relying on Wall Street analysts for information; instead, we seek information directly ourselves.
Tieton Capital believes that clients, both institutional and individual, desire to work with a team that is trustworthy and has the depth of knowledge to invest their assets intelligently.
Tieton Capital continues the tradition of intensive research that Bill and Matt have employed for their careers. Tieton’s investment philosophy is based off the premise of buying and owning quality businesses. Tieton Capital Management’s investment Style is Small Cap Value.
- We buy businesses, we don’t just trade stocks
- Catalysts identified to drive the company for the next two to four years
- Prefer industries where companies have the ability to differentiate
- Business has solid competitive position
- Business has quality management
- Business with prudent debt level
- Business has ability to earn sound return on capital
- Business is capable of solid cash flow generation
- Internally generated revenue growth is expected over time
- The product or service must add value
- Client accounts stay fully-invested
- Focused portfolio, own only our best ideas